How do I enable API access in Salesforce?
You can enable API access in Salesforce by following any of the following two methods:
Enable API access in Salesforce by Profile
1. Click Setup
2. Click Manage Users > Profiles.
3. Click Edit against the specific Profile.
4. Scroll down to Administrative Permissions and check the API Enabled box.
5. Click Save.
Enable API Access in Salesforce by Permission Set
1. Click Setup.
2. Click Manage Users > Permission Sets.
3. Select the specific Permission Set.
4. Click System > System Permissions > Edit
5. Check the API Enabled box.
6. Click Save.